Thank you for showing an interest in Monument Primary School for your child’s schooling.
Once you have decided to enrol your child at Monument Primary School, the school application process is fairly simple.
Follow these steps in making application to join the Monument family:
- The first step towards enrolment is to complete the Application for Admission of Learner form. This form is available from the reception office at the school or can be downloaded here (English) or here (Afrikaans).
- Email your admission form to email@example.com
- Please make sure that the form is completed correctly and that all supporting documentation needed to apply is certified and attached.
- Contact our Admissions Administrator on 036 637 3784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be able to provide you with all the necessary information with regards to the application process.
- For Admissions enquiries, contact Yolandè Jansen at email@example.com or (036) 637 3784.
Applications for 2020 are open between 2 April 2019 – 2 August 2019 at 09:00. No applications submitted after 2 August 2019 will be accepted
Because this school definitely cannot accommodate all the applications for admission made to it, you are advised to also apply for admission to other primary schools.
This application form must be filled in by the child’s parent(s), or guardian(s) on behalf of each child seeking admission.
No applications will be accepted without all the supporting documents (listed below)
A certified copy of the following must be attached to this application form:
- The child’s unabridged birth certificate.
- Both parents’ Identity books.
- A transfer card from the previous school.
- The last school report.
- Proof of your residential address, (water or electricity account)
- Clinic card
- Passport (if not SA Citizen)
- Study permit for foreign learners.
- A self-addressed envelope with postage stamp to be able to inform you if the application was successful/unsuccessful.
If the application was successful, parents HAVE TO confirm acceptance of the admission of their child not later than 30 August 2019.
Each application is reviewed by a committee that is led by the Deputy Principal and is comprised of staff, administrators and members of the School Governing Body. Committees begin each evaluation by applying the school Admission Policy to ensure a fair evaluation process.
Please note that submitting an application form does not guarantee enrollment, but rather confirms your interest in Monument Primary School.
Accepted learners will receive confirmation via ordinary post. Other applications will be placed on the Waiting List. Monument Primary School will contact you as soon as an appropriate place becomes available for your child. Should you not gain a place in the year specified, your application will not be rolled over to the following year(s). We ask that you contact the relevant admission departments should any of your details change.
We understand how difficult the process of choosing a suitable school for your child is. We will assist you as far as is possible in making the right choice. Please contact the office for a guided tour through the school.
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Education and Culture Circular 30 of 1998 states: “If a parent gained admission for his/her child to a school by making a false statement regarding his/her place of residence, the School is entitled to revoke the agreement which allowed the child concerned admission to such school”. The school reserves the right to take legal action in this regard. The School reserves the right to institute legal action against parents who may well submit fraudulent information on, or with, this application.